As you arrive at the Veterinary Hospital of New Waverly, you can expect quality services and care for you and your pet. You will be greeted upon arrival as we start the check in process as quickly as possible. Once you have been checked in, a team member will assist you into one of our examination rooms as soon as one is available.
Our goal is to make sure all of our patients are seen on time; however, there will be times the occasional unexpected delay will occur due to an emergency or because we are providing care for another patient that needs a little more time. Please accept our apologies should this occur, and understand that the same dedication and courtesy will be provided to your pet too should they need it.
Here’s what to expect during the rest of your visit:
- In the exam room, one of our veterinary technicians (usually either licensed or certified) will start by confirming the reason for your visit, and then question your pet’s medical history and current condition to gather data for the doctor. They will then start the examination by collecting vitals – a temperature, heart rate and respiratory rate and any samples that need to be collected.
- Our veterinarian will then meet you, gather basic information about your pet’s health, do a thorough examination, discuss questions or concerns you may have and findings from the examination and history to create a plan for further diagnostics or treatment as deemed necessary. This is a great time to ask any questions that you may have. Our veterinary team wants to make sure you’re completely comfortable and understand the information we’re providing.
- Any recommended diagnostic testing (i.e. bloodwork) and treatments are usually performed in our treatment room.
- Our veterinary technician will come back to wrap things up and will provide you with helpful pet care information, any take home material, and answer any wellness and care questions you may have. Our front desk staff will process your payment and schedule any needed follow-up appointments.
- Depending on the reason for your visit, you should receive a follow-up call from one of our team members, likely the technician that was on your case, to get an update on how your pet has been doing since their visit and make sure you don’t have any unanswered questions or concerns. If you have any concerns, talk to your technician about them.
We are excited to meet you and your pet! Thank you for trusting us to care for your furry family member.